Here are some absolutely random facts and trivia based on the film Dabangg. Some of these nuggets of information were part of my Facebook Live Quiz show – “The Almost Impossible Quiz with Rohit Jayakaran.” Enjoy this dose of randomness and be sure to join me on the next episode of the quiz show.
1. Chulbul Pandey grows up in a town called Lalgunj in Uttar Pradesh.
2. Chulbul was 2 years old when his mother married Prajapati Pandeyji.
3. Chulbul Pandey’s mobile number in Dabangg is +91 98203 88363.
4. Chulbul shoots Chaubeji to ensure he gets a promotion.
5. Constable Chaube has a problem going to the bathroom because he was shot and his left hand does not work too well. To help with this challenge, Chulbul requests the Government to provide him with a pichkari (Bidet Shower).
6. In the song – ‘Tere Mast Mast Do Nain’ there is a movie poster of the Rishi Kapoor and Vinod Khanna film – Chandini.
7. In Dabangg, Chedi Singh calls the Police Headquarters his In-laws house (Sasuraal).
8. Rajjo’s father calls her ‘Erotta’ which means ‘Kalmuhi.’
9. Chulbul Pandey pays Rs. 500 to speak to Rajjo for one minute. In exchange he receives merchandise that he does not need.
10. The first thing Rajjo enquires of Chulbul after they are married is his name. The question she asks is, “Aapka naam kya hai?”
11. Chulbul was the first person to receive a thappad in the Dabangg series.
12. Chulbul wears his glasses at the back so that he can see in the front and back.
13. According to the song, “Munni badnaam hui,” Munni have an attitude like Kareena Kapoor (Bebo si adaa).
14. Chulbul Pandey states that he will apply Zandu Balm on Chedi Singh.
15. The song ‘Munni Badnaam Hui’ features a shop called Prince Hair Cutting Saloon.
16. Prajapati Pandeyji is admitted to the ICU because a gang burnt down his factory.
17. Chulbul increases the lifespan of Pandeyji by slapping the doctor who as a result reappraises his life expectancy.
18. Chulbul and Rajjo take a selfie with a falcon during their honeymoon in the United Arab Emirates.
19. The ringtone that plays when the gangster’s mother calls is the song Jalwa from the 2009 Prabhu Deva film Wanted.
20. Rajjo’s father’s name in the film Dabangg is Haria.
21. Rajjo uses an escalator for the first time in Dubai.
22. The local political leader’s name is Dayal Sahu. His constituents in Dabangg call him Dayal Babu.
23. The 15 victims of the illicit alcohol were treated at Lalgunj Municipal Hospital which was established in 1958.
24. Chulbul’s mother’s name is Naini.
25. While everyone calls him Makkhi, Chulbul’s half brother’s full name is Makkhanchand Pandey.
26. Chulbul believes that he is the Robin Hood of Laalgunj.
27. The news channel covering the illicit alcohol story is – Taaza Khabar.
This is the Live Recording of the Dabangg special on the The Almost Impossible Quiz with Rohit Jayakaran.
Dabangg is a 2010 Indian Hindi-language action comedy film directed by Abhinav Kashyap, produced by Malaika Arora and Arbaaz Khan. The film stars Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Sonu Sood, Arbaaz Khan, Om Puri, Dimple Kapadia, Vinod Khanna, Anupam Kher, Mahesh Manjrekar and Mahie Gill. Malaika Arora appears in the item number “Munni Badnaam Hui”. The film was released on 10 September 2010.
Dabangg was followed by Dabangg 2 in 2012 and Dabangg 3 in 2019.