Here are some absolutely random fun facts from on the film Andaz Apna Apna. Some of these nuggets of information were part of my Facebook Live Quiz show – “The Almost Impossible Quiz with Rohit Jayakaran.” Enjoy this dose of randomness and be sure to join me on the next episode of the quiz show.
1. Juhi Chawla and Govinda are shooting for a film called Pehra in Amar’s dream.
2. Govind’s character in the film Pehra is Gopal.
3. Prem’s father calls Johnny from Wah Wah Productions – ‘Filmy Malaria Johnny.’
4. Prem’s grandfather is an unsuccessful film extra.
5. Wah Wah Productions is trying to cast Prem in a Shubhah Ghai film called ‘Dracula Ki Mohabbat.’
6. The song ‘Papa kehte they’ plays in the background as Amar inaugurates the new police station for Inspector Pandey.
7. Amar’s hair cut from the Taj Mahal Hotel Salon is called ‘La coupe Francais de hair.’
8. Prem’s blue cap that makes him look like a monkey wearing a watermelon has a Puma logo on it.
9. Prem sells his father’s house for Rs. 22,000.
10. Dr. Prem Khurana prescribes Tilu ‘danda aur dua’ after giving him a horse injection.
11. Tilu gets his memory back as a result of his cheeks being rubbed by Raveena.
12. Inspector Pandey’s new police station was built in a record time of two and half months.
13. The first thing Crime Master Gogo steals in the film is a scooter.
14. When Amar disguises himself as a horse cart driver, he tells Prem that if his 8th wife dropped a flower the Qutub Minar he would jump to get it.
15. Amar and Prem decide to come up with a master plan to meet Raveena when they find that there is a token system to manage queues and one of their friends has token number 717.
16. Janta Hair Cutting Salon owned by Amar’s dad has an employee named Babu Lal.
17. Harishankar is father of Raveena Tandon who plays the role of Karishma but acts like she is Raveena.
18. When Amar loses his memory, he is given the name Tilu based on the fact that he was found next to the hills.
19. After eating a lavish meal laced with laxative, Dr. Prem Khurana goes up to meet Raveenaji singing the song ‘Dheha hai pehli baar’ from the 1991 film Saajan.
20. Between multiple visits to the toilet Dr. Prem Khurana eats oranges.
21. The town were Amar and Prem’s Saphire Super Deluxe Coach stops for chai on the way to Ooty is Naduvattam.
22. Amar calls the waiter who serves them tea – Butler Danny.
23. Running water is available only between 1AM and 2AM at the Sevaram Lodge.
24. Raveena is using a Mamiya C330 to click photos when Amar appears in front of her in a yellow shirt and starts singing ‘Dil Karta Hai.’
25. Every morning after waking up at 6AM, Ram Gopal Bajaj goes jogging in front of the Ladies Hostel.
26. Prem has watched Sholay 10 times.
27. Teja steals Ramgopal Bajaj’s diamonds from the Main Branch of Janta Co-Op Bank in Ooty.
28. The juice Robert serves on his birthday is called Sharbat-e-Jannat.
29. Tilu turns out to be Bhairavgarh’s Thakur Vikram Singh’s Son – Amar Singh whose hobbies are hunting and playing football.
30. Amar Singh who is the recovered Tilu scored 6 goals for Mohan Bagan in 1988.
31. Dr. Prem Khurana’s father was a carpenter.
32. Prem’s fake garment export business is called Chaudhry and Sons.
33. Amar claims he bought his red jacket from New York. This jacket makes him look like a retired monkey from the circus.
34. When Amar and Prem hug each other it reminds the Sevaram Lodge owner of episode 11 of Ramayan that first aired on April 12, 1987.
35. Prem is from Bhopal.
36. Raveen’s Senior Executive Manager is Vinod Bhalla.
37. While Ram Gopal Bajaj was getting rich in London, his brother Shyam Gopal Bajaj spent 10 years in jail.
38. Amar and Prem are 3 minutes late for their appointment to meet Ram Gopal Bajaj to ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage. The meeting was scheduled for 6 minutes.
39. Robert suggests that since Ram Gopal Bajaj plans everything down to the minute, his name should be HMT.
40. Unable to pay the ransom of Rs 50 Lakhs, Amar and Prem hand over Rs 8535.29 to Teja at the Temple.
41. Amar and Prem hide in an Ambassador Nova that Teja is driving to check out what he is up to.
42. Teja has dreams of opening a poultry farm and becoming the ‘Break Ka Baadsha aur Omlette ka Raja.’
43. To amuse themselves while they are locked up, Teja suggest Amar, Prem and Ram Bajaj play the card game Rummy.
44. Robert who is sometimes called Rabbit used to be a champion in Gola Phenak (Shot Put).
45. Ram Gopal Bajaj is lying when he says “Teja mein hoon, mark idhar hai.”
46. Wah Wah Productions was established in 1965.
47. In the 1966 film ‘Pyaar Kiye Jaa’, Mehmood plays a person who own a film production house called ‘Wah Wah Productions’.
This is the Live Recording of the Andar Apna Apna special on the The Almost Impossible Quiz with Rohit Jayakaran.
Andaz Apna Apna is a 1994 Indian Hindi language comedy film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, produced by Vinay Kumar Sinha, starring Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon, Paresh Rawal and Shakti Kapoor in the leading roles; Mehmood, Govinda and Juhi Chawla having guest appearances. The film was released on 4 November 1994.